Install Rear-Facing with Vehicle Seat Belt
Vehicle Seat Belt
1. Hang the LATCH straps and tethers from the top
Install the plastic rail brackets with the LATCH connector and the tether hook as shown.
2. Set the seat in the reclining position
If your car seat reclines in any of the first, second, or third positions, it will be more comfortable.
3. Ensure the car seat is oriented rearward in the back seat
In the back seat of the vehicle, place rear-facing. As much as possible, the base shouldn’t protrude from the vehicle seat.
4. Verify the indicator of Level
Ensure the vehicle is Level. The car seat’s level indicator should be visible. It would help if you placed the bubble within ELF’s blue zone. Once the bubble is within that zone, recline the chair.
5. Ensure the seat belt is properly routed
The rear-facing seat belt should be threaded through the blue labeled path and out the opposite end. Secure with a buckle. Ensure that the belt lies flat and does not twist.
Note: If the seat pad covers the vehicle seat belt path, it may be easier to route it by lifting the seat pad. If possible, route the vehicle seat belt in front of the steering wheel.
6. Make sure the seatbelt is locked
To put the shoulder belt back in today’s vehicles, pull it out and then let it go. When it clicks, you are done. The belt should lock once you slowly pull it out.
7. Secure your vehicle’s seatbelt.
Make sure the car seat is firmly clamped down in the middle. Feed slack back into the retractor while tightening the shoulder belt.
8. Check the tightness of the screw
If the car seat moves less than 1″ (2.5 cm) on either side of the vehicle seat belt, it is tight enough. Pull the vehicle seat belt from the sides of the seat, and slide the car seat side-to-side and front-to-back.
9. Verify the level indicator
Level ground is required for all vehicles. Make sure the car seat is Level. Make sure the bubble exists within the blue zone. You may need to adjust the seat.
Is everything in order?
- The belt path of the car seat cannot move more than 1″ (2.5 cm)
- Blue Zone on the level indicator and vehicle on level ground
- The child’s harness should be placed just above or below their shoulders.
- Even Armpits With Chest Clip
- Harness straps cannot be pinched at the shoulder